MANDATORY & ENFORCEABLE CODES OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES, PLAYERS, PARENTS, SUPPORTERS AND OFFICIALS:
Albert Park Soccer Club fully supports the codes of conduct as introduced by the FFA and FFV.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Play by the rules – the rules of your club and the laws of the game
- Never argue with Referee or any other official – without these people, you can’t play football
- Control your temper – verbal abuse of officials and players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games
- Be a team player – it’s a team game, treat it that way
- Be respectful and treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly
- Shake hands with opponents and the Referees and thank them for the game at the conclusion of each match
- Co-operate with your coach, the Referees and team-mates
- Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills
- Don’t make remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do – and many such comments are now illegal.
PARENT & SUPPORTER CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game
- Support your child or player but refrain from coaching or directing to allow the coach to be in charge during the game including the breaks
- Encourage participation but don’t force it
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support, not belittle
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, referees and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time
- Never publicly criticise referees – raise personal concerns with club officials in private
- Don’t make remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do – and many such comments are now illegal
By registering as a player or registering your child with the Albert Park Soccer Club you are agreeing to abide by these principles. You are also agreeing to support the Club in its undertakings and encourage the Club to take any necessary disciplinary actions including the suspension and banning (where warranted) of any players, parents and or spectators for repeated serious breaches of these Codes of Conduct.